Topic

Favorite full zip grid fleece jacket?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Favorite full zip grid fleece jacket?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian Rae
    BPL Member

@iancrae

Locale: North Cascades

Hi all, I’m looking for a full zip grid fleece jacket/sweater for traveling. I have been using a nano-puff jacket, but really prefer fleece for traveling.  I like Patagonia stuff, and something similar to the R1 series is what I’m after, but the sizing on the R1 doesn’t work for me.  I normally wear a medium, but I have broad shoulders, and have to size up in the R1, which makes the whole thing too baggy.

Any suggestions for other similar jackets?

Thanks!

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Avalanche makes a full zip hoodie that is very similar. No Polartec lables, but it looks like it.  https://www.thrillon.com/tag/avalanche-wear-kompass-fleece-jacket-hooded

The North Face is making a bunch of grid fleece tops.

Andy C
    BPL Member

@oddtiger

I’ve been wearing a discontinued Arcteryx lightweight fleece as a daily jacket and it works great. I live in Los Angeles though. Medium works for me (5’11” and 175lb)

Like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/i/152869988477?chn=ps

there should be some new versions but i’m not sure.

Armand C
    BPL Member

@vb242

I’ve owned the several and my favorite is the Black Diamond Coefficient.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools