Topic

FAK Lightness…of a fashion…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion FAK Lightness…of a fashion…

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jj
    BPL Member

@calculatinginfinity

I think strength tape is just a name brand kt tape, but I may be mistaken. Think i read about it in the book “fixing your feet.” It blows leuko out of the water in wet/muddy conditions ime

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

Found it.  Thanks for the lead. 👍

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

Slight update on the kit contents (which I’m still sorting out).

On Tuesday evening, I ran out of absorbent dressings when I needed to changes the bandages on my dog’s surgical incision; turns out that she has a very thick abdominal wall, so when the surgeon went in to do her ovariohysterectomy/gastropexy the cutting was extreme.  Long story short, she’s been bleeding residually for three days, but Tuesday evening was the worst of it, and there are very few drugstores/pharmacies open late in my area.  Solution: two ACE wraps and a menstrual pad.  It worked way better than the thiner non-stick gauze pad the vet had applied, and the ACE wraps are resusable.  If you don’t already carry one or two, I would advise sticking a couple somewhere in your kit: the ones I used weighed 11 grams each, so the weight penalty is negligible…and they just might come in handy when you need to soak up unexpected amounts of blood.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools