Topic

Extra wide APEX insulation?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Extra wide APEX insulation?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

Seeing as RSBTR has sold out is there another source that anybody knows of for the 1800mm wide APEX?

It could be either 2.5 or 3.6 weight if the 2.5 was consistent, the 3.5 seems to be much more consistent in density over a length that the lighter weights and I don’t want any cold spots

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

Seems they simply stopped making the Extra Wide APEX

If anybody bought any and no longer has a use for it I need 3 yards

Sam C
    BPL Member

@crucial-geek

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Did they really stop making it?  If so, that’s too bad but explains why it was in clearance at RSBTR for many months.  It was seriously the perfect width.

Anyways, sorry, I don’t have three yards of the stuff but wish I did.  Sad day for MYOG/DIY for sure.

Good luck.

john r
    BPL Member

@johral

They currently have 12 yards of 3.6…

Kyle Baker
    Spectator

@kcbaker-2

Edward like John said, we have 12 yds left in stock. We thought it was all gone and then found a bit while unpacking from our recent move.

The 72″ APEX was a bit of an experiment. I know it’s the ideal width for some, but it just doesn’t move that quick compared to the 60″ variants. That and it takes up a LOT of space.

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

And by the time I got to the website to order the remainder had sold out.

Yes 1800mm is a perfect 2 person blanket width

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools