Topic

Experience with HMG Stuff Pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Experience with HMG Stuff Pack?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

The HMG Stuff Pack looks to tick almost all my boxes for a specific use small pack, and with the demise of the ZPacks Zero, might for others as well.  There are a few reviews online, most glowing, but do not address my final concern…the comfort of the shoulder straps.  They appear to be very thin i.e, little to no internal padding.  I am concerned they might bunch up and effectively become thin cord (like the STS Ultra-Sil daypack, which I find almost unusable for this reason).

Can anyone with personal experience with this pack weigh in?

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

The shoulder straps look just like the ones on their Metro and Summit packs, which I do own. If that’s the case, then they are very comfortable. They are sewn with 3d space mesh in the middle, so have some squish and give, but also maintain shape pretty well.

Alex Willows
    BPL Member

@bigggbird

Locale: Tasmania

Recently acquired one of these, and everything is positive so far. I’ve loaded it up with around 4-5kg so far, and it was surprisingly comfortable. No shoulder strap issues for me, they’re fairly wide and do have a small amount of padding. Hope that helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools