Topic

Expedition food

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

I guess I left myself open on that one.
    Breakfast: home-made muesli. Hard-core home-made too.

Lunch: In Europe, local wholemeal bread, butter, jam, cheese (lots), salami. In Oz, either wholemeal sourdough bread or dry biscuits.

Dinner: Pasta or rice, half a packet of instant soup (too much salt), and some extras like dried tomatoes, dried mushrooms, etc, with cheese and salami on top.

(Tomato rice.)

Cheers

Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

Well, looks like most of that would still work for a 12-day trip – assuming the dry biscuits and not the local wholemeal! And as long as the cheese is good and hard. Serious parmesan, maybe pecorino. I think I’d do without the 12 days worth of jam, myself. That could get heavy.

Does hard-core homemade muesli mean you grow your own oats?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

as long as the cheese is good and hard. Serious parmesan,
    Parmesan might be just a bit too powerful to be eaten in volume.
    In Europe, something like Comté or the local high-alpine cheese. In Oz usually Jahlsberg (from Norway). It is similar (but not as good).
    NEVER any ‘processed cheese’, which is a contradiction in terms.

Muesli: raw oats (NOT Instant), All-Bran, wheat-germ if I can get it, dried fruit in volume and range, nuts ditto. No sugar or other additives.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools