Topic

Ever Evolving Woodstove.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Ever Evolving Woodstove.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Russell Lawson
    BPL Member

@lawson

Locale: Olympic Mts.

Hello

Wanted to share some photos of my woodstove that I enjoy fine tuning. It is made from a thermos lid, a french press plunger, and a 1cup measuring cup. I’ve been swapping out pieces as some of the measuring cups I’ve used rust from the heat and poor quality metal. I combine this twig stove with my Titanium cone that i use with Zelph stoves and it fits my Zelph custom 550ml cup as well as 900ml Vargo Bot. The Ti windscreen also works really well as a wind shield in the flame area, but allowing me to continue to feed the stove. The french press plunger also can be raised with the spring tension, so I can use a denatured alcohol stove and get it at a perfect height when I am using wider pots

By far my favorite woodstove, it’s the most light weight and compact I can come up with, although it needs to be tended every 5-10 minutes, depending on conditions.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Very clever. Raising the spring tension grate to a level so you can use the alcohol burner is so so clever. Doesn’t get any easier than that :-) When you get a chance, put some twigs in it and put the fire to it. Watch the water boil and take a photo to share :)

Russell Lawson
    BPL Member

@lawson

Locale: Olympic Mts.

aye aye Zelph, been hiding out all year but now planning a trip out camping, but will do a trial run to make sure fire still works :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools