Topic

Episode 67 | How to Poop in the Woods (Skills and Tools for Backcountry Pooping)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Episode 67 | How to Poop in the Woods (Skills and Tools for Backcountry Pooping)

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mark L
    BPL Member

@apexmark

I’d like to testify that the CuloClean bidet has been life changing for me.

I just pop it onto the top of one of my water bottles.

As a life-long sufferer of the roids, if I had used this earlier in life it would have saved me immeasurable suffering. It also would have kept me backpacking during times of major flareups.

I use it at home all the time, and won’t travel without it. Once you get the hang of it (took me all of 2-3 times maybe) you can use it with great proficiency. I get about 3 uses out of 1 liter of water – in all kinds of bowel conditions. For the first dozen or so uses, keep a bit of TP handy just to verify that things are fine, then you can trust your work and air dry.

And here’s a great hint for you which I read on an Amazon review and works wonders: pre-wet. Yes, just a quick shot of water before the deed seems to significantly reduce the need for a large volume of water after. I guess it reduces stickiness. Then a quick couple of blasts and – glorious!

Only someone who has been in surgeries and various agonies over this issue can fully appreciate just how life changing this tiny little cap can be. Smearing with TP seems utterly bizarre to me now.

-Mark

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

Mark if you have roid issues, it’s totally worth the cost to install a bidet seat on your toilet at home. Warm water wash, lovely warm air dry.

Adrian Griffin
    BPL Member

@desolationman

Locale: Sacramento

Got a CuloClean this season. I swear by it. Works better than TP, and no worries about running out of TP if my meals go through me fast on a several-day trip. I’ve crossed TP off my packing list!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools