Topic

Episode 62 | Dan Durston Talks X-mids and More

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Episode 62 | Dan Durston Talks X-mids and More

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Episode 62 | Dan Durston Talks X-mids and More

Andrew has a wide-ranging interview with gear designer Dan Durston about X-mids, shelter and pack design, and more.

Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

Enjoy!

jj
    BPL Member

@calculatinginfinity

“why has nobody done this?”

my thoughts too when i first saw his tent.

Brian K
    BPL Member

@briankeenan

Suggestion:

Some of the BPL podcasts are produced at a very low volume level – much quieter than others.  The latest Durston interview is one such podcast.  I like to listen to these in the car on road trips.  When they are recorded at such low volume level it is impossible to hear what is said over road noise.  I have everything maxed out and still can’t hear it.  It is not this way with every episode, just some.

Can you make it a point to double check the signal level and adjust the gain in the future before publishing?

Thanks

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Some of the BPL podcasts are produced at a very low volume level – much quieter than others

I actually have this very problem with practically every episode.

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Ditto.  I started listening to the subject podcast, but quit because it was so much effort to hear what was being said.  And that was at home on a desktop computer.  At least in this case, it was only Mr. Durston’s audio that was so low.

Todd G
    BPL Member

@todd-goodenowgmail-com

I also have been meaning to write about this. One suggestion I would have and apologies if y’all are already aware of this and there’s a reason already but if you haven’t tried audio compression in your finalizing it is a way to expand quiet elements and contract loud elements for a more consistent audio output. I love the podcast and it is super well done. I appreciate the work you all do!

Gert Jan Pieterse
    BPL Member

@fietserse

Great interview, as far as I can listen to it ;)

Is there a way for me as a ‘normal member’ to listen to the 2nd part of the interview, or is it video-only and unlimited-members only part?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools