Topic

Epic by Nextec Availability 2022

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Epic by Nextec Availability 2022

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Russell Biser
    BPL Member

@rbiser

Does anyone know if epic by nextec fabrics are even still being made?

If they are, does anyone know if there are any sources for small quantities for a DIYer?

I am looking for a bivy sacks worth.

nunatak
    BPL Member

@roamer

I can sell you some orange Epic.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Just a note:  Epic is just the name for a sil treatment that breathes; however the fabrics that were treated cover a wide range, and the waterproofing varies.  I finally gave up on it for tents, so did Black Diamond, due to less than adequate waterproofing.  Some companies put it on the exterior of their sleeping bags to protect against condensation; but some of the good DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatments worked better for me.  If you want a water resistant coating, some of the WPB (waterproof breathable) fabrics seem to work best.  eVent seems to work best, but all of that may now be used with different names under franchise agreements.

We could use a thorough article on WPBs like the one Alan Dixon wrote for BPL years ago.

If you still want the WPB Epic, PM me.  I have the light (1.9 oz/yd2) yellow malibu that was used on BD tents, and is a polyester.  Also, some beige that is about an oz heavier, but don’t know if it’s poly or nylon.  You would need to send me a stamped, self addressed return envelope inside your mailed envelope.  No other charge.  Terms, ‘as is.’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools