Topic

Epic and the Greg Norman Epic jacket hood

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Epic and the Greg Norman Epic jacket hood

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I have a Greg Norman Epic windshirt which is nice but it has no hood.  I already cut the lining out but there is not enough to make a hood out of.  Should I buy another cheap Greg Norman Epic jacket to tear apart and make the hood out of that or just go for straight black silnylon and use that?  Or does it really even matter?  Thank you.

Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

On G.N. Epic vs. silnylon, it probably depends on how permeable that Epic is. Some Epics are barely air permeable at all (<0.5 CFM). Is that significantly different from silnylon (0 CFM)? I would guess the golf stuff is barely permeable since golf is essentially a sedentary game, but just a guess.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Does anyone know of any testing on this form of Epic like a CFM or HH?

Christopher S
    Spectator

@chrisisinclair

You can do the coffee filter test for CFM or the two cup method for HH

Also just try to breathe through it – how easy is it approx?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools