Topic

Enlightened Equipment Revelation quilt sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Enlightened Equipment Revelation quilt sizing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nick H
    BPL Member

@galway

I am looking at buying an Enlightened Equipment Revelation 20 degree and am trying to decide on a length. I am exactly 6 foot tall and about 210 lbs. Currently I use a GoLite 1+ season quilt in long for warmer weather and a Marmot Sawtooth 15 mummy bag in regular (6′ length).  In the mummy bag I max it out the length and sometimes find it annoying, but obviously it isn’t a quilt. The long GoLite is great, but I have heard you don’t want your quilt to be too long.

I plan to go with the wide (58″) size, but just don’t know if I should go with the 6′ or 6’6″ length. Any suggestions, possibly from people who are 6 foot?

I will add that this is for ground sleeping on an Exped UL7 LW pad in a tent.

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North
    Nick H
    BPL Member

@galway

Thanks, I saw that a couple days ago, but would really like the ability to completely open the footbox that the Revelation has. Maybe if the Massdrop was immediate delivery it would sway me, but I have to wait anyway so might as well get exactly what I want.

In either case the size question still stands.

Bill Noellert
    BPL Member

@bnoellert

Locale: SF Bay Area

I’m also exactly 6′ (160lbs). Regular length was recommended after speaking with EE and it works well for me.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I’m 6’1″, 215 lbs, and side sleeper. I own a Revelation and an Enigma both in Regular/Wide. I find them perfectly sized.

Nick H
    BPL Member

@galway

John as an owner of both do you have a preference between the 2?

[ Drew ]
    BPL Member

@43ten

Locale: Central Valley CA

I am 6′ tall, 195# and I recently had a Revelation 10*, Regular, Wide.  It was the perfect size for me, and definitely had room for me as I am a restless sleeper.  Even with the footbox fully snugged I could have it reach at least my chin.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

do you plan on keeping anything in a bag inside yr footbox to prevent em from freezing?

im 5’6″ and i got the regular length EE old revelation with the karo baffles

when its cold i simply tuck in the footbox a bit as its not a sewn footbox … or leave stuff which i dont want to freeze there in a bag

;)

Nick H
    BPL Member

@galway

Nope, just for sleeping, no storage.

Thanks for the input, I think my question has been answered that a regular length should work great.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Nick,

the rev is 30 deg while the enigma is 10 deg.  I prefer each for their intended temp range. When warm, being able to open the foot box of the rev is awesome. When cold, the sealed foot box of the enigma is similarly appropriate.

David L
    BPL Member

@family-guy-2-2

I am 6’1″ and went with the long.  I love the extra room for minimal weight increase.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools