Topic

EMS OR Helium II jacket, $33.57 shipped

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals EMS OR Helium II jacket, $33.57 shipped

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Found this one on Reddit: EMS has OR Helium II jackets for cheap. Use the 20% discount code “WINTER18” at checkout for a total of $33.57 with shipping. Coyote brown only.

https://www.ems.com/outdoor-research-mens-helium-ii-jacket/17289100066.html

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Ordered the wrong size by accident but EMS can not modify or cancel an order once it is placed.  Weird right?

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Call them.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

I did.  They can do nothing about it.  Apparently it is posted on their website that they can not modify or cancel and order once it is placed.  Oh well.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Have your credit card company cancel the payment.

KEVIN W
    Spectator

@kwilson13

Woah, seems too good to be true but let’s roll the dice and see.

Any other killer deals on their site?

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Order the correct one and refuse the first one

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

They are out of XXL so I can not order a new one and my credit card company can’t do anything until the charge posts which usually takes a day or two and by that time it will probably have been shipped.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

In the worst case, I doubt you would have any trouble selling here.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

They just cancelled my order for an XL. I replied that if I can’t cancel an order, neither can they.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

that website is messed up!  Every time you refresh the page, different sizes are shown as available but none of them will add to the cart :)

“Seems too good to be true” is right, except perhaps for a very few lucky souls.

John S
    Spectator

@juany118

EMS on occasion has blow out sales like this. They got picked up by venture capital in like 2014, declared bankruptcy in 2016 (over aggressive expansion on borrowed money) and got picked up by a UK retailer last fall so sales by the new ownership as they restructure isn’t unusual

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

But not keeping your inventory up to date is okay? I think not. Not coming up with the toys doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling about doing future business with these dolts!

John S
    Spectator

@juany118

Double post…

Sorry

John S
    Spectator

@juany118

My guess they may be trying to unload their “hardcore” outdoors stuff and refocus on the casual outdoorsy person. They tried to go head to head with REI in terms of having “super stores” and it blew up. So they seem to be focusing more on line and with the smaller mall stores. Those smaller stores usually carry more outdoor fashion than technical gear.

Also they may just be unloading a surplus of an unpopular color.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

They have not cancelled mine yet so if I get it we will work something out Dale

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools