Topic

Emails too frequent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Emails too frequent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew D
    BPL Member

@andrew-d

Locale: Eastern Coast

Is there a way to reduce the frequency of emails from BPL?

Some days, I receive 3 email from you guys. ZERO INTEREST in getting that many email from anyone, even Ed McMahon (RIP).

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

That’s weird.

I just scrolled through my email back through May and I don’t have a single day where I got more than one email (excluding PM notifications).

Are you getting duplicates of the same email or multiple different emails in a single day?

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I’ve gotten five emails in the first 8 days of June which has seemed a bit much.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

The only email I get is the occasional DM from members and notifications of new posts to threads to which I have subscribed. Now wondering what I am (not) missing :)

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

For me, they come in waves. I’ve received 4 in the last 5 days, for example. But before that, I didn’t receive any for a week. On average, it’s looks like about 12 per month, which is enough to notice.

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I virtually always get at least one per day, sometimes more.  Never once has one been useful/helpful to me or caused me to get on the website any sooner than I would have.

Marcus
    BPL Member

@mcimes

I count 4 emails since Tuesday- 2 promoting Basecamp sign up amd 2 promoting Office Hours.

After that I see nothing until 5/29.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

“I virtually always get at least one per day, sometimes more.  Never once has one been useful/helpful to me or caused me to get on the website any sooner than I would have.”

This is why I unsubscribed from them a long time ago. I don’t get any bpl emails, and I like it that way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools