Topic

EL Coyote Quilts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) EL Coyote Quilts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

I placed an order for an El Coyote 40F Regular/Short (Habanero Exterior / Charcoal Interior-Liner) Saturday evening and it was delivered yesterday afternoon.
    With the extremely quick turn around time as this was a made to order purchase, I was impressed with the quality of construction, attention to detail, and overall design and feature set.
    It is 56” for the upper two-thirds taping to a 41” footbox with a 15d shell and 10d inner/liner with both very soft of hand.
    In comparison to my Nunatak Sastrugi and Valandre Mirage it is at least equal in overall build quality with the stitch lines tight and perfectly straight and not a loose thread or miss stitch found.
    I was tentative about taking a chance on a new cottage company with few reviews (though those were all positive) but after the outstanding customer service experience and quality end product I couldn’t be happier and look forward to using this as a part of my late spring to early fall fair to warm weather sleep system.
    The El Coyote website is now live and in my opinion one of the better ones. Easy to navigate and compare ratings, fill amount, ect…. as well as descriptive information about the quilts feature sets and philosophy/reasoning of their preference of untreated vs treated down.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

It looks like the whole cord hanging in the face problem has been solved with the soft elastic cord described on the website.  Can you rotate inside the quilt without the neck moving around?

With my present quilt, I can rotate inside but have to bring my head and neck inside a bit if the cord is tightened.  Maybe a “first-world problem“ admittedly.

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

The quilt has a snap and uses the soft shock cords to tighten that are on the underside so no dangling in the face. As  the shock cord is flexible you can snap and tighten to where you want it and stretch the opening to pull you head in if wanted….a pretty nice design. I’ll take a picture of the head end when I get home and post it.

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Here are two pictures of the head/neck area of the quilt:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools