Topic

EE Torrid Apex Sizing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) EE Torrid Apex Sizing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bobby B
    BPL Member

@bobisliving

I’m 5’11, 200# with a 42 inch chest and 33″ waist.

According to their size chart I’m a medium, but after watching some review videos, I’m suspecting I’d be happier with a large.

Can anyone aid in sizing tips? Or what is your experience? (Your measurements are always helpful!)

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

They run SUPER large and square’ish boxy. After measuring myself and comparing the actual garment measurements to mine, I determined my size, Small, I’m normally a Medium. I ultimately went with their verbal & onsite recommendations against my own insight, which was to go with Medium. After making a custom order for the vest it fit me like an XL normally would. With that, I feel the Small would have fit much better, but still would be large on me. If you want a garment to fit properly I wouldn’t suggest this line. Go with Montbell or similar. As for the Quality of the EE Torrid, it was absolutely spot on. I was sad I couldn’t keep it. Took a loss on it since you can’t get full refunds on custom orders. And you pay shipping both ways.

Before the hate mail rains in, be a leader not a follower.

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

I’m 6′-0″, 175#, 42″ chest, 33″ waist and the medium generously fits me.

Marcus
    BPL Member

@mcimes

Ditto to others.

I’m normally a tight fitting medium or slightly loose large.

The EE sizing runs HUGE. I could fit my Large Montbell Plasma 1000 parka UNDER a Medium Torrid jacket.

If I bought one they run so large I would order a custom with a small chest and large arm and hem length.

I really don’t understand who EE sizes for. They are cut for fat guys with a huge gut. Not many of them into UL hiking though…

Edit – Im 6’1″, 185lbs, 40″ chest, 34×32″ pants. Normally a Medium, sometimes a large when I want room for layers.

Dan B
    BPL Member

@danben

Im 6’2” 178 and have large and medium. Medium is much better. Large fits over it or over a rain jacket + midlayer. They run big

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools