Topic

EE Torrent Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) EE Torrent Jacket

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jimmyjam
    BPL Member

@jimmyjam

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I was thinking about getting this jacket and I was looking for a picture on how small it compresses. Anyone have one that they can compress for me and take a picture of it next to a ruler or soda can?

Thanks!

jimmyjam
    BPL Member

@jimmyjam

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I meant Torrid Jacket.

David Caudwell
    BPL Member

@dcinbc

Locale: Gulf Islands, Coastal BC

Unfortunately I can’t help you with a pic (‘cos I don’t have this jacket!) but I’m not sure you want to be compressing it much anyway. Climashield Apex or not, synthetic insulation does not respond well to significant or repeated compression. If pack space is tight and you need to compress to the max then a down jacket will give you better compression and many more years’ service. A frequently and maximally compressed synthetic will be struggling to perform its best after barely a season in my experience. With moderate compression you might get two or three seasons. (Longer obviously if you are only out a handful of nights a year)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools