Topic

EE Quilt/Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) EE Quilt/Bag

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Bing
    BPL Member

@stephbing

Locale: SoCal

Is it just me or are there a lot of these being sold in gear swap compared to other brands? I don’t own one but I’ve heard good things from others which makes me wonder why.

Ralph Burgess
    BPL Member

@ralphbge

I think to some extent when they have such a good reputation and there’s a good resale market, that encourages people to buy in the knowledge that they can resell.    That’s the situation for me – I got an Enigma to try using a quilt for the first time.   I’m not getting on with the quilt (too active a sleeper), but it’s so beautifully made that I just replaced it with their Conundrum bag, and I’ll be selling the quilt.

I wouldn’t worry about the quality of the product – their good reputation is justified.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Yeah they’re good stuff. Mine are put together well and I like how you can customize them to make it super light.

I have a 40F Revelation with 950 FP down and 7D fabrics and it weighs it a mere 12.07oz (actual). The claimed weigh on EE’s website is 12.37. Katabatic makes the nice looking Flex series but you can’t opt for 950 FP down, nor 7D fabrics and there appears to be more weight in features. So overall it’s quite a bit heavier. The closest I can spec one is 900 FP down at 16.9oz.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

I have a 10 degree Revelation and a 15 degree Katabatic Flex, and the Flex is much warmer.  Definitely not a knock on EE as I like their pad attachment system better vs the Flex, but if I wanted to get an EE that was as warm as the Flex 15 I might go for a Revelation 0.  I think as long as you are aware of that warmth difference you can use EE no problem.

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

The 40 Degree EE Revelation size Regular/Regular has 7.34oz of 950FP Down or 8.20 oz of 850FP Down.  Total weight on the standard Revelation with 850fp is 14.12oz.

The 40 Degree Katabatic Flex sized 6’/Regular uses 9.1oz of 850fp down.  Total weight is 17.5oz.

They both claim to have 1.5″ of loft.

Setting aside the 0.9oz difference in down fill yields a 2.5oz weight difference due to construction and materials.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

I get the sense that EE gets a lot of sales from members of this site, so it stands to reason that when people on here want to sell their quilt for whatever reason that it is likely to be an EE quilt. I know that when I bought my first quilt I went with EE in large part because I saw so much praise on this site for their quality, value and service. And I sold that first EE quilt on BPL Gear Swap in order to buy an even better EE quilt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools