Topic

East coast road trip options this weekend?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning East coast road trip options this weekend?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joshua L
    Spectator

@augeleven

Locale: North Jersey

Does anybody have any good roadtrip ideas for heading south of NJ this weekend?

My wife and I have really bad cabin fever after having our second child late December.  I have been swamped with my schedule, and finally have four days off(!) starting tomorrow and we really need to get out of the house for a bit.  Our original plan was to do a little car camping, but the forecast looks like the temps are going to dip lower than we are comfortable in (wind chill well in to the negatives on Saturday).

Sorry if this is semi off topic, but I figure you all would have ideas best aligned to our interests.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

If you are up for a drive along the shore, while I haven’t been there,  might I recommend Cape May.

From there you could take the Ferry into Cape Henlopen, Rehoboth beach, Bethany, Fenwick Island, Ocean City MD, Assateague Island, Chincoteague…

There are a TON of B&B’s along the way, while would love your business this time of year.

Unless you are looking for a drive further south and west.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools