Topic

Earliest date to start the Colorado Trail?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Earliest date to start the Colorado Trail?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan M
    Spectator

@buba89

Hello all,

I really want to hike the CT, but have a very narrow window of time. I must finish by no later than July 25.  I reckon it will take me about four weeks going at a good pace.  My question is, to all of you Coloradans, do you think June 23rd or so would be too early to start from Denver?

Cheers
    -J

Terry Sparks
    Spectator

@firebug

Locale: Santa Barbara County Coast

I’m sure you could get this question answered by checking with the Facebook group CDT17.  I know there is still a ton of snow up on the divide right now, with most hikers on the trail right now being experienced on snow.  There are a few people in this  group who can give you good information on this, one of them Jerry Brown, owner of Bear Creek Maps.  Give him a shout.

Patrick W
    BPL Member

@mando12

I’ll be hiking in Jul/Aug.  The Colorado Trail Association website has links to snotel sites that are relevant to the trail.  http://www.coloradotrail.org/snowandweather.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools