Topic

Dutchware Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Dutchware Gear

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Just a quick shout-out to all you hammockers to check out Dutchware Gear for their outstanding service and really cool gear.  I have a trip coming up this weekend and last Thursday emailed them to see if they could make me one of their Half-Wit Hammocks to take with me this week.  Dutch immediately responded that they had a three-day backlog but that having my hammock made in time for my trip wouldn’t be a problem.  I followed up with an email asking if I could pick it up at their plant because I live near Lancaster (where they’re based).  “Not a problem – we’ll email you when it’s ready.”

I received my email today and stopped by after work to pick up my hammock (and the rest of my order). Dutch himself greeted me at the door and immediately offered me a tour of their facility.  It’s absolutely amazing what they’re doing in what is, quite frankly, very cramped quarters.  He let me know that they just purchased a 10,000 SF facility in another part of town and that he’ll finally have the space he’s always dreamed of to really take off.

If you hammock, it’s worth your time to spend 15-20 minutes and really peruse the Dutchware Gear site for all the nuggets he has there.  In addition to my new hammock, I picked up some Hangles, some quilt hooks, and a pair of quilt hangers.  I cannot wait for my trip this weekend to try all of this stuff out!

Oh yeah…I also picked up some powdered butter (to put in my instant grits) from their soon-to-be launched line of backpacking food.

Disclosure: In spite of my effusive praise I am not affiliated with Dutchware Gear in any way other than being a customer who is lucky enough to live close to them.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Dutch is a great guy. Excellent customer service, cheap shipping, fast delivery. And he’s got some very innovative products.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Dutch says he may start selling tents.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools