Topic

Duplex Removable Inner Mesh

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Duplex Removable Inner Mesh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel C
    BPL Member

@dpc131

Just got a gear swap Duplex Camo for a decent price and it seems like it’s fairly old. It has the mesh pockets on the head and foot and I also don’t see a Zpacks logo anywhere in the corners. It’s in good shape with the only issue being that it looks like they used heavy duty packaging tape on the corners to reinforce. 🙄 with stuff sack, weighs 24.8oz which seems like that tape added a lot!

Regardless, it came with the flex kit, a mesh ridgeline gear pocket and an ‘inner mesh attachment’ to make it double walled.

The inner mesh attaches to the grossgrain loops in all of the corners and also where the elastic is on the side wall. It does sit off the walls about 2 inches which surprised me.

Does anyone know anything about this inner mesh? I can’t seem to find anything online. I’m wondering if its actually useful, something that Zpacks used to sell or maybe it was homemade (it looks professionally sewn)

Bob B
    BPL Member

@thegrizz

no info to offer but I’d love to see pics if you have the time.

I own a somewhat rare duplex TARP (just the tarp, no inner) and have been searching for a good-fitting inner for years.

Daniel C
    BPL Member

@dpc131

Oh, sorry. It’s a duplex so it’s fully enclosed. This is just an extra mesh panel and that goes across the inside of the roof (where condensation usually occurs.) I guess it would prevent any droplets on the outer wall from falling, but rather get caught onto the mesh. You can see the gear pocket that is going across the peak in this picture  

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools