Topic

Duomid or Solomid XL?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Duomid or Solomid XL?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex F
    BPL Member

@alejandro

Hi all!

Can’t seem to decide between the two. I’ll be grabbing the XL inner as well. I’ve been using the Duplex this past summer and want to try out one of these MLD’s. Would the size difference mainly be felt in the vestibule or both areas of the shelters?
    Thanks…

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

@ Alex

There are many reports by users here on BPL on their experience with the Solomid XL.  Just use the search function.  The MLD web site shows the dimensions and how the asymmertric design allows for the pole NOT to be in the middle, which presumably gives the camper more room for the sleeping area.  I own a MLD Duomid and have learned to live with the pole usually by placeing it at an angle to give me more room in the sleeping area.

Cheers

Zack L
    BPL Member

@zloomis

I was torn between the two and went Duomid. Very glad I did. Still a very small profile that can pitch anywhere but more room. I wouldn’t want to go any smaller (I’m about 6’1″ and fairly broad). Lately I’ve been pitching in an inverted V method to gain more usable space and get farther from the walls.

Alex F
    BPL Member

@alejandro

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback… I’ll probably spring for the Duomid since the weight and packed size difference is pretty negligible…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools