Topic

Door for Cricket Tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Door for Cricket Tarp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

I’m interested in making or buying a clip-in door for my MLD Cricket tarp (cuben). I have seen the thread where fellow BPL’r Doug I. showed the door he had made for his Cricket, and really like the looks of it. A few things I’m wondering about:

1. What are the dimensions of Doug’s door (probably only Doug can answer that)?
    2. Where can I buy the light green cuben fiber that MLD uses? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.
    3. What other uses could this clip-in door have? I thought it could work well as a rain kilt, but would love to hear other ideas!

Many thanks

Michael
    BPL Member

@tjayblues

I have a cuben cricket as well and plan to make an MLD cuben rain kilt serve this purpose. I have the rain kilt already, just haven’t had two seconds yet to set the tarp up and experiment.

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

That’s a good idea! Use a rain kilt as a door rather than the other way around :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools