Topic

Dog Mountain Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Dog Mountain Gear

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

DMG 800 fill down sleeping bags priced and specs to good to be true? Anybody tried one?

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I have not, and this is the first time I have heard of them.  Unless I have googled upon some company other than that to which you refer, a couple of (obvious) observations…

• A facebook page consisting of 3 posts all made on Feb 14 of last year.
    • A webpage that does not resolve, and appears to be a mispelling: dmgdirec.com

Personally, too many red flags.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Actually I discovered them on eBay and in my mind I’d feel very safe buying through eBay using PayPal when the seller offers 30 day returns. But the specs are hard to believe at the price. My guess is the 800 fill is more like 550 which would be more in line with total weight of fill  and bag weight they are not particularly light

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

My opinion only – there are simply too many companies (cottage, small and large) making excellent, proven, well tested gear to take the risk on an unknown just to save a couple of bucks.  For me, the potential hassle of dealing with an unsatisfactory product/deal/experience simply is not worth any “savings”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools