Topic

Does MLD ever have sales/discounts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Does MLD ever have sales/discounts?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ryan “Rudy” Oury
    BPL Member

@ohdogg79

Locale: Northern Arizona

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Ive been saving up for a bit to get some eVent Rain Mitts & Shorty Gaiters from MLD. I’m not in a hurry to buy though so figured I’d check if they ever do sales or offer discounts that would be worth waiting for? There is a place to enter a “coupon code” at checkout so they must do something at sometime?</p>

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I wouldn’t wait for it. My recollection is the last discount was around Black Friday and I think it was 5 or 10% off of orders in excess of $500.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

They generally have a Black Friday sale as mentioned above, but don’t expect the kind of discounts you see from the mainstream outdoor companies.

Ryan “Rudy” Oury
    BPL Member

@ohdogg79

Thx for the responses guys. That’s pretty much what I was guessing but wanted to at least double check. HMG had that 1-day 15% off sale a month ago and I see GG do sale things regularly, but hadn’t ever seen something for MLD.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

If you can wait then check gear swap regularly. That’s rhe best way in general to get deals on cottage gear.

Ryan “Rudy” Oury
    BPL Member

@ohdogg79

Thx Paul. I def watch GS religiously… chk it prob 4-5 times per day. Unfortunately I haven’t seen either the mitts or gaiters come up in the last 4-5 months. And I’d do a WTB, but I’ve tried before and haven’t had much success. Either I get offered a lot of things close to what I want, but not quite… or someone posts the thing I want w/o noticing my WTB, and/or contacting me first, and someone else swoops in on the item before I notice it. At least w/ these two items, looks like I’ll just order them from MLD.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

At least w/ these two items, looks like I’ll just order them from MLD.

That’s arguably the best way to help MLD continue making some of the best gear on the market :)

Window walker
    Spectator

@2-2-2

I love MLD stuff but I would recommend looking into Borah Gear’s 3L Event mitts for a cheaper option.  They are slightly lighter, less expensive ($27.50), have a reinforced palm, and they work really well IME.  I have no experience with MLD’s mitts but I am sure they are nice, and they may fit better due to the articulation they mention on their site. Just my .02

Pedestrian
    BPL Member

@pedestrian

I’ve used both MLD and Borah rain mitts and found them inadequate in persistent rain. I suggest you check out Andrew Skurka’s excellent suggestion:

https://andrewskurka.com/2017/review-showa-281-gloves-temres/

Perfect for cold wet conditions. I don’t care so much about covering my hands in warm rain.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

Is it just me or do those look like a sturdier version of dishwashing gloves?

Ryan “Rudy” Oury
    BPL Member

@ohdogg79

haha those def look like beefy dishwashing gloves. If Andrew endorses them, I’m sure they’re not crappy, but they do look a little suspect.

I’ve looked pretty hard at the Borah Gear overmitts too. I’m pretty tempted by the super low cost but they just feel a little too much like oven mitts (not a typo). And I’ve sold a lot of pretty pricey items so I’m fine spending the ~$50 for the MLDs. But since I’m not in a hurry to buy, wanted to check if there was any sort of regular sale which I should wait for.

Pedestrian
    BPL Member

@pedestrian

Hey I don’t give a crap what they look like…..as long as they perform!

And these do work better than anything else I’ve tried.

Those seeking to score style points must definitely look elsewhere…..

Evan Chaney
    BPL Member

@evofx

only seen black friday 20%, and maybe if your lucky a random 10% off (may be a certain item, i think it happened last year)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools