Topic

Does anyone make a fleece sweater vest? (A sleeveless pullover with no zip.)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Does anyone make a fleece sweater vest? (A sleeveless pullover with no zip.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dunstan Orchard
    BPL Member

@dunstan

Anyone ever come across such a thing? I’m kind of surprised I’m unable to find one.

So, this, but in fleece:

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

It’s easy to find an acrylic sweater vest (full synthetic) in exactly that style super cheap at thrift stores or eBay. Look dapper in a nice argyle!

Also, fleece doesn’t fray so you could just get a fleece long sleeve V neck or crew pullover and cut off the sleeves.

Good luck!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I’m sure Timmermade could make you one.

Vado UL is making more standardized designs these days but he might make you one if you asked nice :)

They both use various weights of Alpha Direct, which may or may not be what you have in mind.

Dunstan Orchard
    BPL Member

@dunstan

Thank you both for your replies. I didn’t realize fleece doesn’t fray. I think I’ll do as you suggest, Greg, and keep my eye out for a cheap top to cut the sleeves from. It’s only for working in the wood with, so it doesn’t need to look perfect.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I cut the sleeves off a microfleece LS shirt.  Either Nike or Columbia, weighs just over 5oz in size Large.

Kevin O
    BPL Member

@kevlar487

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Take your fleece of choice to a dry cleaner that does repairs/sewing. Most are very reasonable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools