Topic

Do all zebralights have a strobe mode?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Do all zebralights have a strobe mode?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patrick O’Neil
    Spectator

@human

I have an AA zebralights. Bought it 5 or 6 years ago and I have no idea which model pretty sure it’s aflood model. I can’t get the strobe function to work. Do some of the zebralights simply not have one?

David V
    BPL Member

@davev

I have also have an older AA Zebralight.  I think it is an H51 model, but I might be wrong about the model.  In any case it does not have a strobe mode.  My newer h600w does have a strobe mode, not sure about the newer AA models.  I really like my h600w, but it’s heavier so gets used for chores around the dog yard and such.  Still use the AA Zebralight for hiking and paddling.

Curious about what you would use the strobe function for?  I have never used mine, but might be missing out on something useful.

Patrick O’Neil
    Spectator

@human

For sar. The battery drains less on strobe mode and you can flash it at a plane or in general so rescuers can see it.

I use to carry around one of these in areas with no trails or bad weather.

https://www.acrartex.com/products/firefly-pro-solas

To be honest I think everyone should have some sort of strobe. Not sure why I stopped bringing it on hikes. Heavy but would be glad to have it in thick fog with a busted leg. I still have a whistle and Garmin inreach (yes I know that’s not a real plb).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools