Topic

Discontinued, MYOG, or Repair gear you wish still existed?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Discontinued, MYOG, or Repair gear you wish still existed?

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Geoff Caplan
    BPL Member

@geoffcaplan

Locale: Lake District, Cumbria

I’ve been hiking and climbing for over half a century and sometimes get nostalgic for the old gear – but only for the good memories it evokes, and for more innocent times before glitzy outdoor brands and superstores.

Looked at objectively my current gear is unambiguously the best I’ve ever had – in every category, from footwear to backpacks to stoves to sleeping pads to shelters to tent pegs … There’s nothing I’ve used in the past that I’d swap for any of it.

The modern materials and design are simply superior – more comfortable, more functional and very much lighter. And when you have a specific need that the market doesn’t meet, you can buy first-rate materials to make your own from suppliers like RSBTR – in the past the DIY market was very limited.

So I’ve nothing to add to the list…

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools