Topic

Difference between Basic and Premium Memberships

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Difference between Basic and Premium Memberships

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt Orr
    BPL Member

@matto

HI there,

I’ve been lurking (and buying used gear) on BPL for a few years off and on.

I want to become a member but am curious about the difference between the Basic and the Premium Subscription. Yes I read the description, but to me they sound somewhat familiar.

Basic: “FULL access to forums, along with additional members-only content … ”

<span style=”line-height: 1.8;”>Premium: “FULL access to forums and FULL access to ALL members-only content …” Plus some sneak peaks.</span>

My needs will be to post questions and occasionally research on the forums and post and purchase used gear on Gear Swap. I assume I can do all this with just a Basic Membership? I guess I’m confused with the members only content and what that is exactly.

Thanks for any assistance and I’m penny pinching to save for my retirement next year otherwise I’d just get the premium.

Matt

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

At it’s simplest, “Basic” means forum access including the dreaded “Gear Swap.” Some access to articles or “teasers.”

Premium is “Basic” plus full access to articles. Going back to the magazine, all articles are available. Most end up here if you are serious about the sport.

There used to be an MLife option, too. You signed up at one price for life. This is not quite the same as “Unlimited” but close…it has evolved over the years and is no longer offered. This lets you beta test, get access to the admin forum, etc…

Mark V.
    BPL Member

@room210

Locale: Northern California

It looks like the magazines are no longer available (at least I could not find them yesterday). This was one of the reasons I became a member. Also, I am super bummed that the “lifetime” option is no longer offered. My current membership ends at the beginning of January and I was going to get the “lifetime” at the end of December. I wish I was told that the “lifetime” option was not going to be offered with the new site so I could have purchased it before.

Super disappointing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools