Topic

Delorme In Reach REI sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Delorme In Reach REI sale

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Caledonia Heather
    BPL Member

@heatherfeather

These darn things never go on sale, noticed that the in reach models are 25% off at REI right now.

https://www.rei.com/product/857610/delorme-inreach-se-2-way-satellite-communicator

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

They’ve been 25% off the past two years in the spring.

billy

Caledonia Heather
    BPL Member

@heatherfeather

Well that explains it. I’ve been hunting for one since last summer.

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

Click the link and make BPL money. Watch the link get redirected through advantalink.

Pedestrian
    BPL Member

@pedestrian

“Click the link and make BPL money. Watch the link get redirected through advantalink.”

Thanks for pointing that out.

Unfortunately these forums are inundated by several such scummy scam artists; the other recent one was the food spam/scam.

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

As per the most recent BPL e mail newsletter
    “REI begins their 20% off sale today. If you click a link to REI from backpackinglight.com, or from this newsletter, we get a kickback and that helps support our website. We’re grateful when you do that, so thank you!”

It’s on BPL, not the OP.

Caledonia Heather
    BPL Member

@heatherfeather

Will edit to remove the link!

edit: or just put a note in that it is a redirect that benefits BPL.

or not since it has that waiting period now to edit original posts. Oy.

Caledonia Heather
    BPL Member

@heatherfeather

And for the record, I am not a scammer. I have no financial or similar interest in BPL or REI. I just thought I’d give the heads up on a product that is not often discounted.

Ed Biermann
    BPL Member

@longstride

You have no need to explain yourself IMO. Currently no first post title or post can be edited. And 25% off is a good deal none the less. I just found that bit about links in the email interesting. Sorry if I caused trouble.

Caledonia Heather
    BPL Member

@heatherfeather

Nah Ed, your comments were perfectly fair. Another poster seemed to have grouped me in with “scummy scam artists”. Just wanted to provide some clarity regarding my intentions rather than avoid the issue.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Thank you for pointing out this deal. B&H Photo/VIdeo had the Explorer on sale last week for $300, but they bumped it back up to $380 before I could pull the trigger and was bummed. This is an even better deal and benefits BPL to boot. Your link above is to the SE, the Explorer is on sale at REI right now for $285.

Don Burton
    Spectator

@surfcam310

Locale: City of Angels

It was mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago in the Gear (General) forum. Backcountry.com has Delorme Inreach SE’s for 20% off with free shipping and no tax. $239.96. I’m not sure how long it’s on sale for. May be worth it if you don’t live near an REI so you could save a little because of shipping. I bought one last week.

Kief H
    BPL Member

@kief

Locale: Eastside Sierra, Downeast Maine

I just bought the InReach SE from B&H for $234.00. No tax, free expedited shipping, and they throw in a water bottle as well as a 5% credit to your “rewards” tally if you have a B&H account. It was going to cost me around $250.00 at REI with tax after 25% markdown. The Backcountry.com price quoted above is still valid but the SE is out of stock and would be backordered. Thanks to J R for pointing me in the direction of B&H.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools