Topic

Death Valley – Backpacking Trail Canyon and Touring Other Park Highlights

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Death Valley – Backpacking Trail Canyon and Touring Other Park Highlights

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    BPL Member

@jkpaulsen

Companion forum thread to: Death Valley – Backpacking Trail Canyon and Touring Other Park Highlights

I recently returned from a visit to Death Valley with a great group. We did some … light … backpacking (10 to 15 miles or so over a couple of days) in Trail Canyon in the Panamint Mountains west of Badwater Basin, the Hottest Place on Earth ™.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Excellent report.  Death Valley is full of wonderful opportunities, and you found some good ones!

We always worry a bit about rain there–because it can quickly turn the roads into adventures. Glad your trip turned out so well!

Jeff
    BPL Member

@jkpaulsen

Thanks, Paul! I had 3 1/2 different trips planned in case the weather made one or more routes inaccessible. Option A worked out great, so now I have to return soon to make use of all the work I did on Options B, C, and D.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Sounds like plan, Jeff.  Actually, three plans.

We manage to get to Death Valley every couple of years, and after about six or seven trips, we still haven’t run out of things to do.

Grant T
    BPL Member

@gthompso77

Thanks for the report. Really fun to see. I have been a couple times and hope to go again cheers

James Montavon
    BPL Member

@ct_jmonty-2

Great report, a winter death valley trip is now on my list

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools