Topic

DCF Mid-shock cord loops on guyout points or not?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) DCF Mid-shock cord loops on guyout points or not?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

Should I put shock cord loops on the Ultamid guyout loops, or should I just attach the guyline directly to the guyout loops?

Interested to hear…thanks in advance!

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

I would only use shock cord on mid-panel guyout loops. Perimeters and anything sewn into a seam – straight guy line.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Shock cords are often used to prevent sagging silnylon, but only where their placement will do that, and only on the down wind side. (Like Roger Caffin’s tunnel tents) I suppose they could also be used to reduce shock to a canopy and to stake points; but have never seen much discussion about that on BPL (altho would welcome it). Would think that for that purpose the shocks could be much shorter, and only located at guylines from points that would be subjected to much greater forces in a windstorm.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

As far as i know, i agree with what Eric G said.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

Thanks everyone for the responses…much appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools