Topic

Cougar attack near Mount Hood

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Cougar attack near Mount Hood

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Cougar attack suspected in death of missing Oregon hiker found near Mount Hood

https://articles.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2018/09/woman_found_dead_near_mount_ho_1.amp

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

The last cougar fatality in Oregon was 5 years ago (and wasn’t a wild cougar, but one in a exotic-animal facility).

In the last 5 years, almost 2000 humans have died in automobile accidents in Oregon.

Interestingly, I’m hearing few proposals to allow open seasons on automobile drivers (with packs of dogs!) to deal with this much larger problem.

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Interestingly, I’m hearing few proposals to allow open seasons on automobile drivers…

I’d be happy to help write one! :-)  I already have a pretty good idea how I’d profile “fair game.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools