Topic

Comfortable sleep gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Comfortable sleep gear

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I personally think that one area to splurge on when backpacking is gear allows you to sleep comfortably every night. To that end I have been using a wide, insulated pad (XTherm Max) and a couple pillows (Big Sky for my head, and a cheapo Flexair for a knee pillow). I have seen comments on this site and others claiming they sleep as well as or better than at home. I am wanting to drop weight on my pad (it weighs almost 24 ounces!) but am having a hard time figuring out what to spend my money on. I am an active side sleeper. I weigh about 155 and am 5’10”. Just wondering what other people use that works well for them and lets them sleep comfy and happy. I know pads, pillows, quilts/bags are very subjective based on body type, sleep style, personal preference, etc. but would love to hear what sleep gear you love, what you hate, what’s “meh” and why.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

I just love my hammock!! No pillow needed. No pad needed. Just my underquilt and top quilt.. No more rocks and roots or sticks under me, no more level ground to find. Only problem I have noticed since switching to my hammock is that I sleep deeper and I don’t wake up at the crack of dawn now.. Which, sometimes I enjoyed waking that early to see the sun rise..

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I’ve considered giving hammocks a try, but they would only work in a few places I backpack. Not many sturdy trees in the desert…

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

Any of the over-the-counter “PM” enhanced pain reliever meds will do wonders.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools