Topic

Colorado trail, current conditions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Colorado trail, current conditions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sloan
    Spectator

@gingersnap

Good Lord willing I will be starting a CT thru hike on Thursday and I was wondering if anyone could offer any up to date info on the trail conditions. I’m trying to decide between a bug bivy or ground sheet. In Ohio where I live we had a recent explosion in mosquitoes and flys and I am wondering how they are in Colorado right now.

Any other relevant up to date info on trail conditions would be appreciated as well.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

No current condition info but I don’t remember bugs ever being a problem on the Colorado trail.

Have fun, it’s a great hike.  Most of the towns are pretty cool places to spend a zero or nearo too.

John B
    BPL Member

@jnb0216

Locale: western Colorado

I did a 4 day 50 mile stretch of the CT last week–mosquitoes were only annoying on one night when was camped at baldy lake.  Rest of time no issue.  I would not call them an issue right now.

PaulW
    BPL Member

@peweg8

Locale: Western Colorado

Check out the CT Facebook group for latest conditions. The folks at the CTF also monitor Facebook and do respond to inquiries.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools