Topic

Colorado trail 2017

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Colorado trail 2017

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

I’ve been giving some serious thought to attempting the CT this year, likely in July-August.  I was wondering if there are planned CT thru-hikes?  Meetups?  I’d prefer to hike with a partner rather than solo, but I don’t know anyone who is going this year.  I’m also wondering if I should worry about having a SPOT device or some other insurance.  I’m not really in favor of carrying the extra weight.  Thoughts?

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

Carrying a SPOT or similar is really a personal choice. I mostly go solo and prefer to take one (inReach).  But the CT is plenty busy in July/August so it’s not like someone won’t come along for any significant length of time. Speaking of which, you’ll have a lot of opportunity to talk to, and hike with, friendly people on the trail. Might be a better way to pair up, for some or all, of the hike, then to commit to doing the whole thing with someone you don’t know and may not match up well with. Enjoy the hike if you go.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools