Topic

Colorado Front Range – Seeking Hiking Partners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Colorado Front Range – Seeking Hiking Partners

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Todd Hein
    BPL Member

@todd1960

Locale: Front Range

I recently moved to Colorado Springs and am interested in going on hiking and backpacking trips in the Pike’s Peak area.  I have lots of experience in SoCal and the Sierra, including most of the PCT south of Tahoe, but none here so far.  I’d like to section hike the CDT, the Colorado Trail, and others.  I’m experienced in lightweight techniques, mostly on-trail, and like daily mileages from 10-20 miles for 1-3 days, mostly long weekends due to work commitments.  I’m 58 and reasonably fit.  I would like to start trips soon, further south in the near future if winter precludes more local travel.  Due to work and personal travel plans, I prefer planning trips out 1-4 months.  Let me know if you have an interest in planning trips.  Thanks!

Mike B
    BPL Member

@highwarlok

Locale: Colorado

Todd look into the Lost Creek Wilderness, it is close to you and more accessible in the winter / cooler months then the high country is. In the summer it gets pretty crowded though, I will sometimes use it as warm up in the spring and solo hikes in in the winter.

btw Welcome to Colorado. I am north and east of  Denver.

Todd Hein
    BPL Member

@todd1960

Locale: Front Range

Thanks, Mike!  I’ll look into Lost Creek.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools