Topic

Cleaning rain jackets and other DWR gear? New member.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cleaning rain jackets and other DWR gear? New member.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chad b
    Spectator

@warbler

Hey Everyone!

New Member here and have been loving all the knowledge and experience to backpacking lighter.  I have been having issues searching this site for updated cleaning and maintenance of DWR rain jackets and related items.  I have found some posts from 10 years ago but am hoping some of you may have some good links to posts or BP articles addressing DWR gear maintenance and proper cleaning.

My expectations are tempered relating to the performance of WPB jacket’s ability to shed water and am aware of some of the “alchemy” involved between internal body heat, condensation, venting etc. and the relation to the DWR material’s ability to shed water.  My main concern is just the basic care, washing, and maintenance of such items.

Thank you for any insight or direction!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools