Topic

Cirque of the Towers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Cirque of the Towers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    eric schultz
    BPL Member

@schultz104

Locale: phoenix

I am planning on doing the Cirque of the Towers in the next week.  I have an extra night on my itinerary.  I am planning on starting at Big Sandy TH to Skull lake, Valentine Lake, to Lonesome Lake via Lizard Head.  Then for my extra night I would like to day hike to Cirque Lake to Shadow Lake to Texas Pass then to Big Sandy Lake.  My question is how is the trail from Lonesome Lake to Cirque Lake over to Texas Pass and back to Lonesome Lake?

Thanks

Eric

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

It’s a use trail only, so no official trail, though there is a sign at the top of Texas Pass.  The north side of the pass, the Shadow Lake side has a maze of use trails zig-zagging up the steep scree.  The sough side of the pass, the Lonesome Lake side the trail peters out and isn’t always visible, but it’s not hard to figure out where to go.

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Just steep but easy navigation.  Head straight down the middle coming off the pass heading north to shadow lake. It will keep you out of the large boulders – particularly the ones to the west.  That’s an easy rookie mistake when heading up from Shadow Lake to Texas Pass when southbound.

eric schultz
    BPL Member

@schultz104

Locale: phoenix

Thanks

Eric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools