Topic

Cheddar Cheese.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    YoPrawn
    Spectator

@johan-river

Locale: Cascadia

Might not be cheddar, but this guy took 27 McDouble burgers as his only food for a section of the PCT. Dude is absolutely filthy though and probably has an immune system that could put komodo dragon’s to shame. Like, seriously, can’t even be bothered to just rinse your hands in a stream for 5 seconds? Bro… LOL But, he does prove that some food can last pretty long without making you sick.

YouTube video

He did another one where he ate nothing but chicken nuggets for an entire stretch. Dude was hurtin really bad by the end of that one. haha

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

an immune system that could put komodo dragon’s to shame

🤣🤣🤣 that’s a great way to put it

YoPrawn
    Spectator

@johan-river

Locale: Cascadia

I should add that what I wrote about him being dirty was not meant as an insult though. I’m actually quite impressed by people who can put the effort into living their best lives. I have a lot of respect for this guy out walking the world, dirty or not. Just thought I would clarify that. I don’t wish to come across as clowning on the guy, even though the subject of his video is funny and it’s good to joke about his experiment. I’ve looked 1,000% more nasty myself at times. :)

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

this guy took 27 McDouble burgers as his only food for a section of the PCT

That’s one of the new “challenges” should a Pct hiker decide to accept it .. hauling a bunch of McD’s cheeseburgers to fuel the hike from where the PCT meets I-15 and a McD’s just off to the side.  Believe they are served “dry” (no lettuce, tomato, etc.. ), thin + well done with a lot of prior processing, and any pickles could probably be served in a bag that should keep.   These things have been designed to be thin chewy pucks with a long storage life.     They have other options though as there’s a Del Taco and Subway across the bridge.

Someone’s going to get evacuated for constipation and/or diverticulitis one of these days.  Should be an interesting Facebook post ..

Reading my feed a number of latter PCTers got sick on the sections north of this area but doubt it was the burgers .. probably everything from fouled water to dirty hands.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

At my local Haggens today I came across individually wrapped pieces of cranberry chipotle cheddar cheese, smoked cheddar, goat cheese and sheeps cheese.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Yes, the wax encased Babybel gouda cheese pieces are very appealing and tasty; however, be forewarned that on a hot day they can leak oil at the pull string used to open them, so if you pack these be sure to double bag them in a zip-lock.

For anything longer than an overnight, instead of packing standard, regulation cheese, I’ll take cheese crisps, which are pieces of baked cheese (some think they’re freeze dried, but they’re actually baked) that can be found in grocery stores under a variety of names such as Whisps, Just the Cheese, and Sonoma Creamery.  They can be had in cheddar, parmesan, asiago and pepper jack flavors.  One oz yields 150 cal, a pretty decent caloric value!

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools