Topic

Catskill Winter Storm Warning

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Catskill Winter Storm Warning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

So last week, unfortunately I missed it, 10-12 inches snow in the Catskills.. tonight into tomorrow.. another 5 – 8 inches of snow.. BUT.. Sunday night thru Monday all day and night, into Tuesday.. more.. another 10 – 13 inches, with 25-30 mph winds howling thru.. just perfect for me!! I am not missing this banger!! Gonna head up there Sunday morning, and do a nice snow shoe in, up a small mountain.. where we headed about 2 weeks ago.. and making camp just before this last storm hammers in.. ride it out untill Tuesday morning.. then snow shoe out and down the mountain.. where I will be the luckiest guy in town and get to dig and shovel my car out at the trail head!!  This time, again… we will attempt to camp up near the top if this small mountain.. I will be packing the BD Hilight 3p with Vestibule.. so luxury is my option, no doubt. Hopefully this time we get nailed with the snow, as last time we only got the lowest expected..

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

1. Umm.. boy how things change.. could this happen??  Getting 2 foot of snow for me??
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Stay safe and have fun. Looking forward to hearing how the Hilight works out in those conditions.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Ended up getting 2 – 3 feet of snow on top of existing 1.5 foot already there.. I posted info about the tent in new post.. Black Diamond Hilight series tents..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools