Topic

Catskill waterfalls, fire tower and views

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Catskill waterfalls, fire tower and views

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

https://youtu.be/QSYnrOofvyY

Just went on an overnight trip in the Catskills, NY. This was the wifes first overnight backpacking trip ever with us!!! We hit up a nice little double water fall, got our feet dirty on a short section of the devils path, hiked up the Catskills 2nd highest peak, Hunter Mountain (4,040 ft). We also climbed the fire tower on top of Hunter and had some rewarding views. The last time I climbed this fire tower there was a blizzard and obviously white out conditions so nothing to see but white… this time the views were pretty impressive on a partly cloudy day!! We made a nice little camp for the night and the kids were lucky to sleep in their hammocks while i was on the ground with my wife. We were all comfortable and cozy  despite 25-30 mph winds with gusts a little stronger consistently all night long. We slept in the Nemo Firefly 2 p tent.. and I have to say it worked just fine.  My MSR windburner performed just as expected also, boiling all of our water for dinner very fast and making her hot coffee using the press in the morning.. despite strong winds!!  The entire loop was about 8 or 9 miles, so not too bad for her first overnighter ever!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools