Topic

Cascade Mountain Carbon FOLDING Trekking Poles?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cascade Mountain Carbon FOLDING Trekking Poles?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

See next post

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Anyone try the Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon Fiber Folding Trekking Poles With Cork Grip? I’ve had great experience with their adjustable quick lock poles as have many here. Is this folding quick lock model with inner cord to hold the sections together just as reliable and durable as the non-folding quick lock?

The smaller pack size is very convenient for travel. Published weight appears to be close for both models, with the folding listed at 8.32 oz and the non-folding 8 oz.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

They look just like the Vertex Carbon and Cork Trekking Poles  by CNOC which I have used only because I am 5′ tall and the regular version by both companies( CNOC and Mountain Tech ) are too long for me and only CNOC makes a short version. But I like them very much and wouldn’t hesitate using the Mountain Tech version if they made a short version also.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I have the Cascade Mountain telescoping carbon poles with the camping section clamps. Got them at COSTCO for about $38.  I was amazed at the extras they had like snow baskets, “shoe” shaped rubber pole tip, regular rubber pole tip and small “baskets”.

So far so good. My longest trek with them was November of ’17  for my four day Grand Canyon North Rim-to-South Rim backpack.

These folding poles with the adjusting clamp seem to be good too but likely a bit more weight than my poles. I guess it’s all down to what is most important to you, weight or collapsed pole size.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Link good to know about the shorter CNOC poles as I’m sometimes asked for pole recommendations by shorter hikers and I’ll share those.

Eric I’ve put serious mileage on their flick-lock telescoping poles. I’m guessing these are built just as well, just folding instead of telescoping, at a tiny (sub 1 oz) weight penalty. Surprised no one has tried them yet as folding poles are a major convenience especially for air travel. Hope to get my hands on a pair soon.

michael adamski
    BPL Member

@mikeadamski

Mixed reviews (typical) here: https://www.amazon.com/Cascade-Mountain-Tech-Folding-Trekking/dp/B071HXPSK5#customerReviews

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools