Topic

car camping or park camping from Atlanta, epic views

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning car camping or park camping from Atlanta, epic views

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian O
    BPL Member

@loboseb

Hey all,

Looking for ideas to go with 6 year old to a camping site or camp on a spot that  with spectacular views. My son doesnt like hiking for long. 2 miles tops.  I hear NC has tons of that?

Grayson Highlands looks amazing but not for now since its 6 hours away from Atlanta.

Cloudland Canyon is a possibility but Im curious on other stuff. We have done AT stuff before but not sure where epic views car camping/park and hike not too far can be done exactly.

Sebastian O
    BPL Member

@loboseb

Blood Mountain looks cool, maybe can sleep in shelter,,,,

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Blood mountain – the hike up from either Vogle SP or Mountain crossings store at Neels Gap is quite the b*ll buster…would question how far you would get.  Given your description of your sons interests, Cloudland sounds perfect. Very nice car campground and AWESOME views from the (short) rim trail.  Not to mention one of the coolest disk golf courses I’ve ever seen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools