Topic

Cannot Edit Gear Swap Post because Original Asking Price Was Not Posted

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website Bug Reports Cannot Edit Gear Swap Post because Original Asking Price Was Not Posted

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

I am unable to edit my Gear Swap post to add additional comments and photos because it cannot complete without an original asking price.  But when I try to post an original asking price, I cannot enter anything.  Unfortunately I was able to enter my original post without filling out the original asking price field.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I suspect you need to clear your cache. Try that, then make a new gearswap post and then report the original as a duplicate. We will delete it on the backend for you.

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Matthew, I plead ignorance.  How do I clear my cache?

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Never mind.  My wife came to my rescue!

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Matthew, I tried creating a new post and got a fatal WordPress error.  The post is up there but it is closed and without the pictures.  Any idea what could have crashed it?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Gerry – The fatal error – I think it’s because of trying to upload large files. Try keeping your files less than 1MB and try again. We are working with the dev to resolve this so you don’t lose the gear swap listing, and that it just prevents you from saving until you upload smaller files.

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Ryan,

I made sure that each of the files was less than 1 MB but I was trying to upload four, then three at one time so maybe the combination was too much.

Gerry

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

We made some changes this afternoon to the Create Gear Swap form. See if you can break it now. Note that image uploads are limited to 1mb in size, jpg or png only. Original asking price should be a required field.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools