Topic

Canister stove for small pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Canister stove for small pot

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

Hi, I use an evenernew ECA 266R 500ml pot when solo hiking, it is the right size for me but the bottom is narrow ( diameter of the flat part is 8cm= a little more than 3 inches)

i was looking at the pocket rocket deluxe, but i am afraid that it would not be stable, what is the diameter inside the pot supports ?

Its to replace a gnat that was adequate with 5cm burner / and 5cm inside diameter for pot support.

Otherwise i was thinking of a soto windmaster as the pot supports are closer to the burner, but i dont really like the separate support? any other good options ?

Thanks

Frederic
    <h1 id=”js-product-content__title” class=”product-content__title product-content__title–shorter s-text-align-center”></h1>

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Windmaster with the Tri-flex arms (super simple and light) works well for me.

Bob Shuff
    BPL Member

@slbear

Locale: SoCal

+1 Soto Windmaster with the tri-flex support.  Maybe I’ll misplace it someday – that would be the concern for me, but it is easy to install and I feel as good or better than the arms that pivot up and down on say my old Snow Peak Gigapower.  I can’t the Soto give it a long term review, but I am totally happy after a few nights out and love the wind protection it provides.

Snow Peak LiteMax has very close supports.  If you are looking at the Windmaster then it seems you are closer to this than say a BSR or Etekcity.  None of these will give the wind protection of the Soto.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

BRS3000t purchase from amazon, not ebay.

Lower right corner

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

I was hesitating about the BRS, its (very) light but with a so so reputation and  last time a stove failed me i had to eat rehydrated foot cold for a few days :)

At least now my hesitation is narrowed between the soto windmaster and the BRS :)

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Many here on this forum have had good results with the BRS. Treat it as a super ultralight and you’ll be rewarded with a positive super light experience. Follow the instructions given by Roger, centered on appropriate size pot, 3/4 windscreen, valve on half power and canister on level surface. Purchase from BRS on Amazon, not ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/BRS-Outdoor-Camping-Portable-Ultralight/dp/B00NNMF70U

side note: I enjoyed Orleans, France back in 65 thru 68. Would like to go back and do the coastal trails. Vive La France!

Statue of Jeanne d'Arc in Orléans A.jpg

Boyan B
    BPL Member

@groovygeek

Locale: San Diego, CA

PR Deluxe will work fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools