Topic

Can I shorten a Nemo Tensor inflatable pad?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Can I shorten a Nemo Tensor inflatable pad?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Moab Randy
    BPL Member

@moab-randy

Hi all,

After reading BPL reviews, I’m thinking of buying a Nemo Tensor inflatable pad (https://www.moosejaw.com/product/nemo-tensor-sleeping-pad_10409840) in the wide rectangular uninsulated version. No one seems to make the rectangular wide short pad I want (I use my pack under my feet).

Any opinions on how feasible it would be to cut the regular Tensor length down to save about 5 ounces off of the 16, and what the best method would be?

Cut it open, seal a couple of inches of the inside surfaces with Aquaseal, let dry, fold a couple of times with sealant on surfaces? or ??? (Attached is a diagram of internal structure of one with insulation.)Tensor

Most importantly, would I still be able to inflate the pad, or does the internal design depend on having the bottom open/intact?

It would be brave, and could be an expensive failure. . . .

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!