Topic

Camelback bladder stuck quick release

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Camelback bladder stuck quick release

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Locale: Mid-Minnesota

here’s a picture of the quick release that I’m trying to disconnect and it won’t. There are marks on the two side buttons where someone else appears to of tried also.

I want to disconnect this to clean it better and maybe replace it with a better female connector. I can’t seem to find info on how to disconnect this thing. Suggestions?

Jim C
    BPL Member

@jimothy

Locale: Georgia, USA

I’ve put cooking oil (spray type) to make it easier to get the two pieces to stick together more easily, and that works well. I’m not sure how it’ll work to get them unstuck, but if you can work enough of it into the mechanism, it may help.

Good luck!

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

The 2 side buttons are supposed to be pushed together, shaping some plastic thingie to release it, right?

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Got it!  Lube was the trick! Thanks??

What part do I get that will release easier then the two button thingy?

My wife pinched the buttons with the small water pumps and I used the snips carefully to pry on both sides and it finally came loose. I’ve been working at this for about a week.

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

I have a similar quick release and found out that simply wetting the rubber o-ring with water before connecting the hose makes it much easier.

KRS
    BPL Member

@krshome

Locale: Virginia USA

Plumbers section of Lowes you will find silicone gel in a small tube. I use it on those fittings and also works great for the Camelbak fill hole gasket as well.

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Silicon worked like a charm.  New hose and anti- kink spring done. Just need to sew a light bag for hanging.

Weight savings is worth 2 empty Nalgene bottles and pack volume of 2 liters.  I like to carry 2 liters water but have 4 liters in camp.

I’ll post a picture when I’m done.

Eugene Hollingsworth
    BPL Member

@geneh_bpl

Here is the completed bag. It’s 2.1 ounces. Also a little bigger than it has to be but I wanted to preserve the material that had no shirt no shoes no worries on it. The pocket exes a strain relief to keep the bag itself from taking the load with a hose attaches to the bag and I roll up the hose and stick it in the pocket.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools