Topic

California snow camping locations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking California snow camping locations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    erez a
    BPL Member

@erezavraham

Hi all
    i did my first snow camping trip to yosemite last weekend, the trip was with Sports Basement and we stayed @ Dowey point. it was a blast and i am now obsessed with doing more snow trips!
    would love to hear suggestions for locations other than Yosemite, clearly Tahoe and Mammoth come to mind but if someone here has specific trails i would love to hear some suggestions.
    Thanks

Wangle
    BPL Member

@wangle

Hey Erez,

Congratz on doing your first snow camping trip this year.  I also jumped into winter camping this year and found it amazing to be able to go out all year round.
    I’m in SoCal so I’ve been going to San Gorgonio, San Jacinto, Cucamonga, etc.  Also plenty of camping in Sequoia such as the Lakes Trail.  Mount Whitney can also be good winter camping.  The issue with the Sierras is that most roads are closed due to snow and rockfall.  You’ll have to find a trail where the road isn’t closed very far from the trailhead.

I hope others can jump in and report in on more local winter camp spots.

@wanglethewild on ig

DWR D
    BPL Member

@dwr-2

Lots of opportunities off Hwy 50 and Hwy 80 in NorCal…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools