Topic

Buckeye Trail Hocking Hills Sections

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Buckeye Trail Hocking Hills Sections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

I stumbled into this trail for a possible section hike next spring, something around 2 weeks duration.  I wouldn’t have normally thought of Ohio as having “backcountry” but preliminary investigation seems to hint at a surprisingly pretty area to hike in.  Does anyone on BPL have experience with this particular section?

Josh J
    BPL Member

@uahiker

watching with interest. looked into the buckeye a little myself but i can tell you hocking hills is amazing and worth the visit regardless. one of my favorite midwest parks. i live about 5hrs from it.

Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

Know nothing of the trail, but spent some time in Hocking Hills years ago. Old growth Hemlocks!

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Thanks guys, those positive comments are intriguing.  I was shocked to see recently that the Buckeye Trail now has a Guthook app, which triggered some investigating.  Plus my father went to college in the nearby area, and it’s within a few hours of home.  I might try this one out for a 2 week section hike next spring.  If anyone else has some experience in the area, keep the comments coming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools